Fall Intern - Security & Event Services
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 8/30/2022 4:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Intern - Security & Event Services jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Fall Intern - Security & Event Services postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Security & Event Services Intern will get an all-access pass to the exciting sports & live entertainment industry! The selected all-star will support the department with event security preparation, management duties during events and several special projects that assist in bringing the best of live entertainment to Indianapolis! Are you ready to join the ''Team Behind the Team?
Job Period: Fall Semester
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the department with administrative tasks throughout the event lifecycle
• Aid the Fieldhouse Command Center with dispatching and response responsibilities
• Assist department with budget reporting
• Assist with development, review and revision of department policies and documents
• Conceptualize opportunities for improved customer service
• Collaborate with external partner organizations and lead assigned special projects
• Participate in event operations through experiences with teams including Security, Ushers, Guest Services, Fire Marshals, EMT, Event Police/K9, etc.
• Prepare vital employee resources for staff briefings
• Attend relevant department and event meetings
• Currently pursuing a bachelor's / master's degree
• Curiosity about security and public safety
• Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
• Well organized and strong computer knowledge.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What to Expect: These positions are paid, and students have the option to complete the internship experience for college credit.
Hours Required: 20-30 hours per week including weekends
Efficient computer skills – specifically Microsoft Office programs
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for internships at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Interns who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment