Fall Intern - Graphic Design
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Pacers Sports & Entertainment seeks a part-time Graphic Design Intern for the Fall 2022 semester. The Intern will be responsible for creating digital and print-based graphics to support all Pacers Sports & Entertainment brands, including the Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever, Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Gainbridge Fieldhouse, and Pacers Gaming. This internship provides several development opportunities within the Marketing department and is a great opportunity for anyone interested in beginning a creative career in the sports and entertainment industry.
**Interested candidates should provide a portfolio link and resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Creative team with daily tasks -- such as creating digital and print-based graphics for Pacers Sports & Entertainment
• Research graphic design and sports-related trends and present findings
• Develop content for advertising and marketing
• Create graphics for various signage, logos, and promotional materials
• Design and edit material for print and digital content
• Brainstorm new and engaging graphic treatments and animations
• Provide general administration assistance and support
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Passionate about working in the sports and entertainment industry!
• Self-motivated to meet or exceed desired team and individual goals
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
• Engages critical thinking skills to solve problems independently and efficiently
• Communicates effectively and professionally with teammates
• Remains positive and motivated in all situations
• Open to feedback, guidance, and direction as it pertains to job performance and personal growth
• Punctual and effectively manages their time
• Reliable, responsible, and works with integrity
• Adapts to changing priorities while still meeting or exceeding expected goals
• Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in high-stress situations
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Willingness to learn and grow
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Individual currently working towards a degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or any design-related field.
• Strong understanding of layout, hierarchy, typography, and other graphic design skills required
• Experience across multiple mediums (print, digital, video, etc.) strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) required
• InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro a plus
• Experience with 3D Modeling/Animation software (Blender, Cinema4D, Houdini) a plus
• Proficiency working in the Apple/Mac computer environment
Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able, through creative, logical, and technical means, to see projects through to completion.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for internships at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Interns who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.