Director, Customer Insights & Business Analytics
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 5/18/2021 5:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Director, Customer Insights & Business Analytics jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Director, Customer Insights & Business Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Customer Insights & Business Analytics?
Full Time Job
PS&E is currently seeking a Director, Customer Insights & Data Analytics with a passion for crafting insights to support the business growth of all our brands, including the Indiana Pacers and Fever. This position is responsible for partnering with organizational leaders across all business functions to understand key challenges and opportunities, structure problems, collect data, apply appropriate insights tools, and turn insights into recommendations to increase operational efficiency, improve the fan experience, increase sales, and build PS&E's brands. We are seeking a market research and data practitioner who is passionate about enabling our business teams to maximize our research, data collection and analysis to drive our business growth. This role will have two direct reports: Data Engineer and Customer Insights Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Customer Insights
• Plan and execute qualitative and quantitative insights studies, including developing the strategy, designing, programming studies, analyzing results, and presenting findings with recommendations.
• Analyze third party syndicated research sources to discover insights and develop story-telling presentations.
• Identify and monitor competitors and research market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect business strategy.
• Establish best practices for improving our insights processes.
• Understand our business processes, underlying data and reporting needs.
• Build and deliver presentations to executives across the organization with insights and strong fan understanding.
• Data Analytics
• Oversee the data warehouse (Azure) and further develop the strategy to ensure data integration with Ticketmaster, Salesforce, Qualtrics and other data sources.
• Develop and deliver business intelligence reports, utilizing PS&E's existing data streams and platforms.
• Define and communicate standard methodologies for ongoing reporting.
• Analyze, design, develop and implement tools, systems and reports that track KPIs.
• Assist in the development and improvement of existing data structures.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires a results-oriented person with a consistent record of improving bottom line performance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field (business, marketing, psychology, sociology, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
• Experience conducting a wide range of professional-quality market research that incorporates both qualitative and quantitative methods, as well as mixed-method studies where appropriate.
• Proficient with Qualtrics, YouGov, Scarborough, and social/digital media metrics.
• Experience with data warehouses/marts supporting business intelligence, reporting and analytics.
• Experience with reporting packages, databases, and data programming languages.
• Proven track record of taking analytical findings and applying them to the creation and/or implementation of successful business strategies and dashboards
• Proven ability to communicate information clearly and effectively, from executives to front-line staff, to both internal and external audiences, via email, in person, and in writing.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, visualize and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to look at/understand the big picture when working in the details.
• Technical experience regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmenting techniques.
• Ability to operate with limited direction/supervision in a fast-paced office environment using effective planning, time management, organization, prioritization, and attention to detail skills.
• Able to maintain flexibility, openness, and a positive attitude when balancing multiple projects, assignments, and tasks and shifting priorities.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.
Strong math education and experience required including but not limited to experience with statistical and data modeling, research and analysis incorporating qualitative and quantitative methods, data warehouses supporting business intelligence, reporting, data programming and analytics.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to think strategically and understand and evaluate situations on all levels, communicate/articulate pros and cons of various options and implement solutions effectively.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires an analytical leader capable of using data analytics and research to solve problems and help support business growth.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Use telephone
• Use computer
• Speak, hear and write
• Attend in person meetings
• Collaborate on site with members of your team
The employee should have a strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Office and Salesforce products (e.g., Audience Studio). Experience with reporting packages, databases, data programming languages, survey programming software (Qualtrics) and other data analytics software and tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
• The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
• The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.