Basketball Operations Assistant
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentFort Wayne, IN
Part Time Job
Basketball Operations Assistant (Part-Time)
This position coordinates all aspects of basketball-related needs for Mad Ants basketball!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Help with the set-up and breakdown of on-court practices and on-court home games;
• Data input within a web-based database;
• Obtain scouting credentials and tickets and be involved with coordinating travel for the basketball division;
• Maintain player files and assist with overall organization of the department including filing and structuring information;
• Assist coaches with various on-court duties, including, but not limited to, individual player development, practice help, team shoot-around assistance, etc.
• Assist the training staff with different department and equipment needs, which include practice and gameday duties
• Assist the video staff with various team film-related needs;
• Distribute mail and misc. boxes to Mad Ants staff, and players;
• Assist the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in various duties pertaining to the staff equipment and various other needs within the department;
• Assist in equipment organization and distribution;
• Assist with team orders from various vendors;
• Transport players/staff to airport/games/practices/training in company-provided vehicles;
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
The requirements listed below indicate the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, for individuals to perform each job duty to the best of their ability. Reasonable accommodation may be discussed to allow anyone with disabilities to conduct the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EDUCATION:
College Degree plus some administrative or related experience required. This position requires someone who has strong organizational skills, multi-task abilities, excellent communications skills, strong digital literacy (Microsoft office), and one who can maintain confidential information.
Employee should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Synergy-Sports, Sports Code and other systems. General data entry is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to reliably present information and respond to questions from Manager, Clients, Customers, and the general public.
Knowledge to apply basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY:
Employee must make independent decisions and exercise discretion and independent judgment.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands below must be met by an employee to successfully complete all job duties. Irregular hours including evenings and weekends will be required.
The regular duties of this posting require employees to:
• Use a computer
• Speak, hear, and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
• Arena/games and practices are typically louder environments.
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
All applicants for certain part-time positions at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment - the position of Part-Time Basketball Operations Associate is one of these positions. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.