Associate Retail Operations & Event Manager
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2021 5:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Associate Retail Operations & Event Manager jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Associate Retail Operations & Event Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Retail Operations & Event Manager? SUMMARY:
This position assists the Team Store Operations Manager with the daily and game/event day operation of all the retail locations. Associate Retail Operations & Event Manager must be comfortable in assuming the responsibility of lead manager for all non-Pacers games events i.e. concerts, college games, etc. Associate Retail Operations & Event Manager may also be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the Team Store warehouse. Daily warehouse operations include recruiting/staffing, as well as the fulfillment and customer service needs of PacersTeamStore.com. In this role, the Associate Retail Operations & Event Manager must support the Retail Operations Manager in the creation of an innovative, premium retail experience for fans and staff, while continuing to maximize sales and further build all Pacers Sports & Entertainment brands.
• Dynamic, driven leader that creates an exciting retail atmosphere that motivates and inspires the greater retail staff.
• Display a customer-focused attitude.
• Excellent organizational and communications skills required.
• Executes visual directives as communicated by Director of Merchandising & Retail and maintains visuals standards in locations on daily basis.
• Ability to think quickly, thrives in a fast-pace environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for setting the schedules for managers, store and warehouse staff. This includes the daily schedule and the schedule for game nights, arena locations, and concerts.
• Performing the duties of the Game Night Manager. This includes ensuring staff is in place, proper staffing levels are maintained, breaks are given, sales are reconciled, and the store is closed at the end of the night.
• Must become an expert in key retail software systems including Yellow Dog, Shipstation, Shopify and be proficient in excel.
• Along with Retail Operations Manager, responsible for the daily operations of the retail store(s).
• Responsible for assisting the Manager with the hiring, disciplining, & terminating of store personnel.
• May be tasked with leading all part-time staff training, ensuring efficiency and accuracy.
• Assists in the execution of the visual merchandise directives in all locations as set by the Retail Operations Manager.
• Assists in ensuring the physical maintenance of the store is properly maintained.
• Maintain the highest level of customer service thru the Elevate program at all locations both personally and through management of staff.
• In collaboration with Manager, ensures timely completion of all store reports and ensure their accuracy.
• Responsible for assisting with counting, setting up, and maintaining arena retail locations during concerts/special events.
• Maintain knowledge of the custom jersey process, including how to make Fever and Pacers jerseys as well as how to maintain the equipment.
• Oversee the ordering and inventory management for the custom jersey business
• Oversee warehouse to ensure accuracy and timeliness of merchandise flow to retail locations.
• Responsible for managing arena locations as assigned.
• Receive and inventory all merchandise deliveries.
• Maintain efficient system of storage of all merchandise in warehouse.
• Create an environment in which the warehouse is always clean, organized, efficient and accurate.
• Manage purchase order receiving, product replenishment and fulfillment of all.com orders. Includes assortment plan management and tracking of receipts.
• Responsible for physically inventorying all merchandise once a year in the Pacers Team Store and warehouse.
• Receive and distribute incoming shipments (UPS, FedEx, etc.) to office.
• Coordinate all outgoing shipments – oversee web order fulfillment process.
• With direction provided in planogram and template by Senior Director and/or Associate Buyer, stock and maintain appropriate inventory levels at Fieldhouse arena locations. .
• Stock and maintain inventory levels in Pacers Team Store Other duties as assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• College degree preferred.
• 2--4 years Customer Service Experience, prefer experience leading teams.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Manager, Clients, Customers, and the general public.
• Knowledge to apply mathematical concepts to make change and do mathematical analysis when needed.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret directions.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
• Employee must effectively communicate with customers and other employees and must exercise discretion when making sales.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand Walk Reach Lift Move heavy objects
• Use credit card machines
• Use telephone
• Use 10 key calculator
• Use computer
• Use cash register
• Speak, hear and write
• Employee should be adept at Microsoft Office software, Outlook, Ticketmaster program and retail systems.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
• The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.