Associate Director, Digital Video Production
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 5/26/2022 4:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Associate Director, Digital Video Production jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Associate Director, Digital Video Production postings
Full Time Job
The Associate Director, Digital Video Production will manage all aspects of video production and project management to develop on-brand video content for digital and social platforms. This is an important role within the organization, as the digital video team tells stories across numerous Pacers Sports & Entertainment properties – the Indiana Fever, the Indiana Pacers, Pacers Foundation, Pacers Gaming, and more. The person in this role will develop and manage timelines including concept development, storyboarding, shooting, and post-production. They are experienced in all facets of production, actively leading and creating digital content while also using their vision to mold a growing video production unit.
The ideal candidate is organized, collaborative, and a strong communicator, capable of giving and receiving clear feedback. This creative leader believes in elevating storytelling at every opportunity, whether covering a game, a tentpole event, or producing a piece of sponsored content. We are looking for someone who is comfortable setting high quality standards and ensures that they are met. As we look to perform as an elite storytelling team, an interest in emerging trends and technologies is crucial to keeping us innovative and on the cutting edge.
This role works within the Digital team but will also work cross-functionally to service needs for other internal departments (Marketing, Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Community Engagement, etc.) so we are searching for someone who is grounded in results and understands how to turn creative ideas into tangible results for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implement a creative vision for current video content and a roadmap for how we will continue to innovate in the space. Ideate and consistently develop original ideas that push the envelope, connect with the fan base, and expand our reach.
• Oversee and directionally guide the video team on decision-making, ensuring consistency and alignment with Pacers and Fever creative strategy
• Prepare, produce, and direct live and pre-recorded content for Pacers/Fever digital channels, including team websites and apps, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, and Snapchat.
• Create digital video content for various internal teams, including Basketball Operations, Community Engagement, Ticket Sales, and Marketing
• Schedule video department employees for all shoots, game days and special events, while creating a project management workflow to ensure we hit timelines
• Route edits for approvals while organizing and communicating notes to all editors and producers
• Help build and manage a diverse team of shooters, editors, and producers.
• Assist with Pacers and Fever game night duties of video production, inclusive of in-venue activations, game coverage, and press conferences
• Ensure proper understanding of equipment, editing software and asset management.
• Archive projects and maintain the organization of the archive.
• Possible travel to be on-location for Pacers and Fever away games or other events.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual needs to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 6 years working in a professional video production environment. Experience working in sports is preferred but not required
• 2 years managing editors, producers, or designers
• Strong technical and editing skills, including proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with project management tools and software
• Ability to multitask and excel under pressure. Extremely high attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
• An understanding of the game of basketball and a knowledge of the NBA/WNBA.
• Ability to work a schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Event work for the video team includes Pacers games and Fever games.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, and a minimum of six years of professional video production experience and/or a combination of graduate level education (i.e., MBA) and experience. Other preferences include experience with social media platforms and graphic design.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to see projects through to completion regardless of creative, logical, or technical difficulties.
This position requires the employee to be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and After Effects. It requires knowledge of social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other emerging channels.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that are required to successfully perform this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, attend in-person meetings, collaborate on-site with members of the team, use a computer and a telephone, speak, hear, and write. The noise level is usually moderate in the office work environment and usually loud in the Fieldhouse / game environment. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability status, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
All applicants for full-time employment at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.