Film Equipment & Facilities Manager
Pace UniversityNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Film Equipment & Facilities Manager jobs in New York-NY
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University's Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. We are currently seeking a part time Film Equipment and Facilities Manager at our downtown New York City (Manhattan) campus.
The Film Equipment and Facilities Coordinator manages the equipment and lab facilities for the Film and Screen Studies Department at Pace University. Working closely with the faculty, they will be responsible for equipment check-out, studio and equipment maintenance and oversight of the computer lab.
• Preparing and checking out camera, sound and grip equipment for FSS courses and independent projects utilizing check-out software such as WASP or Cheqroom.
• Maintaining and overseeing maintenance of FSS equipment and equipment room (310a).
• Performing an annual inventory of FSS equipment.
• Maintaining and overseeing maintenance of FSS production lab (310).
• Oversight of hardware and software in FSS computer labs.
• Working with FSS faculty to recommend, source, and procure bid new and replacement equipment as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field required.
• At least 2 years of experience working with film and video camera, sound, lighting and grip equipment required.
• Working knowledge of both PC and Mac hardware and software for film production including Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop required.
• Good communication skills required.
• Patience, positive energy and a desire to work with students required.
• Experience supervising film/video storage and check out facilities and working with check-out software such as Cheqroom or WASP preferred.
• Experience working in a professional/academic computer lab facility preferred.
• Experience working with 16mm film equipment (Bolex, e.g.) preferred.
• Experience working with advanced film production software such as AVID, Rhino, Vectorworks, Sketch-up, DaVinci and/or Pro Tools preferred.
Salary Range is $25-30 per hour.
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students-academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University's Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.