Video Content Producer Post Production
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Video Content Producer – Post Production reports to the Director, Post Production, and is responsible for the creation and maintenance of original content executions, along with the integrity of Pac-12 Networks video content throughout all distribution platforms.
• Reporting to Director, Post Production, the primary responsibility is to lead video content production through the entire process of original content projects, both episodic and one-offs, along with docu-style features and special projects.
• Act as creative lead for post-produced original content from inception to completion with a mind on all Pac-12 Networks platforms.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders around the Pac-12 Network, Conference and school levels to produce, shoot and edit video content
• Conduct interviews for video gathering.
• Help oversee and mentor video content creators in Post Production, providing notes and creative feedback, to maximize the quality of all content coming out of the department.
• Use repeatable, streamlined editing processes with a special emphasis on implementing Pac-12 Network’s integrated MAM system, aka Dalet.
• Create program content on PC-based video editing systems (Adobe CC 2020) to create program content for both Linear and Digital initiatives.
• Handle and incorporate content elements provided by Creative Services and Pac-12 Networks Marketing. Use these promotional content elements according to Network Brand and Style guidelines with direction from the Director of Post Production
• Work with other Video Content Creators and external stakeholders necessary to support live studio, post-production programming and Pac-12 Insider FAST channels.
• Participate in the delivery of isolated content directly from studio feeds during off-air and live events.
• Create timely video content for the company’s social media profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and potentially additional channels
• Operate and maintain company-owned video/audio equipment
• Keep on top of technology trends in equipment and software.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 4 years of prior work experience in studio television production or sports television or digital media industry.
• Video content creation - Expert experience with successful management and execution of content storytelling strategies across all media platforms (video; capture, editing, and delivering).
• Project Management - Successful experience managing video production projects within a team-driven environment.
• Expert use of editing software (Adobe Premiere and After Effects) and other contemporary editing software as required.
• Ability to work “game day” hours and days i.e. late night, weekends, possibly overnight.
• Skilled background in editing and media management.
• Ability to efficiently handle post-production projects with multiple episodes and extended timelines.
• Ability to own projects and create storylines.
• Strong problem identification and reporting skills.
• Portfolio of relevant editing projects.
• Passionate about Collegiate Sports, particularly Pac-12 Sports.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
• Has a background as a producer, reporter or videographer and has good writing skills to be able to coordinate the logistics of putting together a video project.
• Live production experience is a plus.
• Advanced software knowledge: Adobe creative suite including (Premier, After Effects, Photoshop, etc), advanced knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Plural Eyes, Pro tools, etc.
• Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Sites)
• Communication - Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Dual-minded Approach - highly creative and an excellent videographer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
• Narrative storytelling and musical rhythm natural instincts.
• Calm demeanor in challenging circumstances.
• Desire to learn new technology and grow a career with Pac-12 Networks.