Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/8/2019 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Transmission Operator jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Transmission Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Transmission Operator? The Transmission Operator is a freelance position and will report to the Manager, Transmission and Senior Director, Networks Operations and will be based at the San Francisco headquarters. This role is primarily responsible for executing the day-to-day activity of BITS (Broadcast and Ingest Transmission Services.) An essential element of the position requires managing various operating areas regarding ingest, QC, and transmission. The Transmission Operator will interface with different departments as well as outside vendors to prepare work orders, schedules, and facilities assignments to ensure flawless execution. Work hours include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Work Orders: Gather information and take direction from multiple sources, such as Programming and Production departments. Generate and execute work orders for the activity of the department. Ensure work orders generated by other operators are correct before events occur. Execute work orders scheduled to occur during assigned shifts.
• Perform Fax-outs: Check the technical and logistical parameters of the backhaul feeds and transmission facilities, following documented ''fax-out'' procedures.
• Media Management: Record, ingest (including metadata entry) and QC all programming assets.
• Monitor Feeds- Monitor incoming feeds for the duration of the events, including re-feeds, if necessary, to ensure trouble-free broadcasts.
• Perform Troubleshooting: Investigate and report each service interruption or anomaly.
• Maintain working knowledge of the company's transmission networks and providing vendors and their capabilities. Prepare backup scenario(s) as necessary, in the event of loss of service, to ensure service continuity during a live event.
• Document and communicate pertinent information regarding activity and service anomalies.
• Ingest and QC of closed-captioned assets to ensure FCC compliance.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Senior Director.
• One to three years' experience as a TV master control or media ingest operator with direct experience working with satellite or fiber-based transmissions and vendors
• Experience performing QC duties and operating waveform monitors, vectorscopes and audio scopes
• Exposure to IP-based transmission workflow, processes, and technologies
• Associates Degree in a related field
• Customer-focused approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills; act as a functional member of the BITS team with an ability to maintain productive working relationships with co-workers
• Ability and willingness to demonstrate confidence and take ownership of the individual events, including errors, faults, and outages when they occur, and to communicate events to others in a timely, professional and accurate manner
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty and fans
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Transmission or the Technology Group management team
• Proficiency with media asset management systems, IP-based transmission, and associated systems, such as FTP, routing switches, and server operation
• Passionate about Pac-12 Sports This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.