Summer Intern - Legal
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/5/2021 3:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Legal jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Legal postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Legal? The Pac-12 legal internship will provide a qualified 2L or 3L student with the opportunity to receive extensive training from experienced legal professionals in the sports media industry. The Pac-12 legal intern reports to the General Counsel of the Pac-12 Conference, and he/she will work closely with and be supervised by the Pac-12 Networks VP, Legal & Business Affairs, Assoc. Gen Counsel. The legal intern will be exposed to a wide variety of legal issues impacting collegiate sports and the business of sports media and will be trained in and assist in the day-to-day legal and business affairs of a growing multimedia company.
The internship is either a paid or unpaid internship, depending on the intern’s preference, his/her ability to obtain course credit, and his/her law school’s policies and practices regarding internships. Unpaid interns will not be eligible to receive any Pac-12 Conference or Pac-12 Networks’ benefits. Internship and course credit will be coordinated through the intern’s law school.
The legal intern will not be entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
• Developing basic legal skills with a focus on real-world application
• Assisting in both Pac-12 Conference and Pac-12 Networks legal matters
• Conducting legal research and prepare memoranda on a wide variety of sports and entertainment-related topics, including, but not limited to: intellectual property, telecommunications, labor and employment, social media, privacy, NCAA compliance, contest and sweepstakes, advertising and on-air promotions, student-athlete health and safety, marketing and sponsorship
• Assisting in the drafting and negotiating of contracts and the preparation of internal and external correspondence
• Participating in legal and other department meetings and training sessions
• Other areas as assigned by the Pac-12 General Counsel and SVP, Business Affairs, or the Pac-12 Networks legal team
• Second or third-year law student
• Excellent academic credentials
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Passionate about Pac-12 sports
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Knowledge of sports television and/or digital media industry
• Former Pac-12 student, either undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.