Sports Business Analyst
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Pac-12's Sports Business Analyst position is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of business intelligence at the Conference of Champions. Our BI team works directly with our 12 school athletic departments and internal Conference and Networks teams to provide real-time reporting and strategic insights. We're looking for candidates to help us expand our business intelligence team and drive fan engagement and revenue generation across the Pac-12 Conference.
You will be responsible for querying data using SQL, creating dashboards using tools like Tableau and Domo to meet the needs of stakeholders.
Ideal candidates have a good combination of business acumen, technical skills, and experience providing excellent customer service. You will use your business intelligence expertise to turn data into actionable insights and strategic recommendations. You must be passionate and detail-oriented, not happy until your work has resulted in measurable business improvement.
This position is based in San Francisco but also open to fully remote employees in the states of California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah.
• Lead end-to-end analytics projects: work with business stakeholders to formulate questions, source and analyze data, and translate your findings into actionable recommendations.
• Define fan segments, lifetime & annual value metrics, propensity models, churn prediction, engagement metrics, and user behavior models.
• Participate in system implementation projects (requirements documentation, functional solution design, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution).
• Actively participate in discussion with business users to understand the requirements and propose suitable visualizations options (mock-ups) depending on the need, context and user group.
• Use SQL to manipulate data to create visualizations and analyses in BI tools.
• Manage BI tool configuration, user support, and training
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration to achieve results
• Extensive, hands-on experience building business intelligence solutions; automating reporting; designing and developing analytical solutions; data management and warehousing, and the strategic use of information.
• 3 years of business intelligence, analytics, and statistics experience, developing complex dashboards, reports, and visualization in BI Tools such as Tableau, Domo, Birst, or similar.
• 1 years of experience with SQL (Redshift or MySQL preferred)
• Experience in data collection, automation, and integration from a variety of data sources.
• Understanding of ETL / Integration processes and solid knowledge of data warehousing and dimensional modeling.
• Experience working with data from sources like Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Paciolan, Ticketmaster, Fanatics, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups.
• BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.