Office Manager - Facilities
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Office Manager - Facilities is responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of a large two-floor office and television production facility located in downtown San Francisco with a satellite office in Los Angeles. This position reports to the Senior Director, Production Operations.
The essential responsibility of the position is the management of the facility including; fire and life safety systems, security protocols and systems, emergency backup power system, and building environmental system (HVAC) in a 24-hour, 7 day per week environment. To successfully execute these duties it is critical that to build and maintain effective working relationships with other Pac-12 operating areas and departments, as well as the landlord and vendors with the goal of providing flawless services and security to the entire Pac-12 facility and staff. Work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Prioritize efforts to ensure the health and safety of the staff and serve as Administrator of Pac-12’s Safety and Injury Illness Prevention Plan as well as maintain the security of the facility.
• Ensure security systems, alarms/alarmed doors, access and security procedures and protocols are functioning and up to date.
• Available and respond to and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs. Coordinate emergency response training and procedures.
• Plan, organize, and ensure the Pac-12 facility is well maintained and provides staff with a work environment that is safe, reliable, and efficient.
• Ensure the Pac-12 facility is consistently and regularly functioning in an orderly manner; coordinate building repairs; schedule vendors and/or building engineer for maintenance issues.
• Manage preventive maintenance and testing for equipment such as UPS, generators, PDUs, switchgear and supporting software.
• Interact and direct the work of outside vendors and building engineer as required.
• Advise and participate in the planning and coordination of workspace and facility changes, including workstation and furniture design and set up, moves, facility redesign - balancing user needs and company policies.
• Maintain up to date contact data for outside vendor contract information, including warranties, codes, ID’s, contract renewals, expiration of Certificates of Insurance, etc.
• Track department costs and code recurring expenses and invoices.
• Oversee project management of any new construction projects and/or capital improvement as needed with recommended estimates and documented project management oversight.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of five years' experience in a facilities management role, preferably responsible for a large, multi-tenant, dual-purpose (office and technical or manufacturing) facility.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintains effective business relationships and a high level of interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with different levels of management and teams and take direction from multiple stakeholders is required.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• Working knowledge of facilities equipment such as HVAC, UPS, generators, fire suppression, switchgear, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of building systems operation and maintenance, OSHA building requirements, ADA workplace accommodation requirements, safety, and emergency services and evacuation procedures.
• Effectively manage a small staff of coordinators and receptionist to meet the needs of the company.
• Business administrative experience including; budgeting skills, capital planning, development, expenditure tracking, management, and analysis.
• Background in general office environment space planning and management.
• Knowledge of and experience working with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office productivity software (Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar).
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty and fans.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Production Operations or management.
• LEED-EBOM certification.
• Member of IFMA (International Facilities Management Association) with FMP (Facility Management Professional), CFM (Certified Facility Manager) or SFP (Sustainability Facility Professional) certification/designation.
• First Aid, CPR, AED training and certification.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about Pac-12 Sports.