Media Asset Management Lead
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2021 11:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Asset Management Lead jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Media Asset Management Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Asset Management Lead? The Media Asset Management Lead reports to the Director, Transmission & Media, and is a key architect in determining and operating the workflow and processes for media management throughout the linear and digital networks of the Pac-12. This position will work to maintain and develop the Network’s Media Asset Management (“MAM”) system with associated workflows to support a full-service, in-house media production services team and a rich library of content and archive of program assets. Working nights, weekends, and holidays is part of this position's normal work schedule.
• Lead the Media Asset Management function within Pac-12 Networks, including all day-to-day work and staff/freelance oversight.
• Develop and refine the processes, conventions and workflows of the Media Asset Management operation.
• Oversee the process for receiving and evaluating internal and external requests for media assets and files; provide rapid turnaround and delivery of approved requests.
• Optimize archival assets into contemporary formats to integrate into the system architecture.
• Optimize processes for delivering assets to Network's various video platforms, including VOD, web/mobile, and FAST.
• Enforce the meticulous application of metadata and quality control of all air-able assets in the MAM; strive to continuously increase and improve metadata in the content library.
• Key point of contact for MAM vendors; communicate issues, clear trouble tickets and coordinate training.
• Remain current in industry trends specifically related to media asset management. Research pricing and equipment availability for budget requests and capital projections.
• Ensure organization employs industry best practices for the acquisition, cataloguing, transcribing and maintenance of the Network's active media assets and the master media archive.
• With the Engineering staff and the Director, Transmission & Media, develop the long-term asset storage and disaster recovery (D/R) strategy and procedures.
• Produce and update documentation and standard operating procedures for MAM systems and functionalities; provide training and support to users of the system.
• In partnership with the Network's engineering department, maintain the health of the MAM.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Five years of experience working in a media asset management role.
• Two years of experience managing media asset workflows and directing the work of media management department staff at a TV/Digital Media Network.
• Proven ability to communicate with all departments dependent on the MAM for their asset management and retrieval.
• Ability to prioritize and manage media under high pressure and time-sensitive production periods.
• Hands-on experience with Dalet (or equivalent) and cloud storage (AWS, etc.).
• Established experience in media formats and video encoding/transcoding.
• Experience with Adobe Premiere or equivalent edit systems.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
• Strong problem identification and reporting skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed, based primarily on the Pac-12 sports calendar.
• Passion for college sports, particularly the Pac-12. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.