Pac 12 NetworksRemote, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Pac-12 Marketing Intern
December – May 2022-23
The temporary marketing intern will operate under the guidance of the Manager of Marketing and they will support the Marketing Team in meeting business plans for the Winter and Spring Championships, including Football Championship Game, Swimming & Diving, Men's & Women's Basketball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Golf, Beach Volleyball, Softball, Rowing, Track and Field, and Baseball. This role will also assist in day-to-day Marketing operations, as well as, planning for other Conference Events.
- Collaborate with Conference Marketing team as well as other cross-functional departments to create and execute all Pac-12 events, including but not limited to, Sport Management, Ticketing, Operations and Pac-12 Networks
o Assist in all aspects of event production including contracting, vendor relations and event recaps.
- Assist with concept, development, and production of Conference events, championships & campaigns
- Foster a ''best practice'' mentality to share with internal and external stakeholders based on events managed during contracted time
- Assist in the development and production for various meetings
- Assist with management and ordering of signage / collateral / merchandise / props library
- Assist with ordering premium items / gifts / wardrobe / F&B procurement
- Assist with all event shipping needs
- Assist with event permitting details / planning / execution
- Assist with direction and organization of band & spirit squad schedules and needs for Pac-12 events
- Assist with comprehensive event recaps to place media value on Pac-12 branding efforts
- Other tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate must exhibit a passion for intercollegiate athletics and ability to pursue innovative opportunities for the Pac-12 while upholding the Conference's rich traditions and academic heritage.
- Highly proactive, results driven and motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a diplomatic communicator
- Comfortable in leading and influencing others
- Dependable and efficient
- Creative and innovative
- Strong Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong Google skills (Gmail, Google Docs, Calendar)
- Organized with an acute attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and able to solve problems on the spot
- Works well with internal and external clients
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of the team
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years sport management / sport marketing / event planning / or agency experience
- B.A. required – recommended in Communications, Communication Arts, Marketing or Sports Marketing/Management fields (or other degree or equivalent)
- Must be available to travel, work weekends and evenings when needed and lift / carry items that are 40 lbs. or less
The salary range for this position is $20 - $25. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, education, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Pac-12's total compensation package for Fellows/Interns. Benefits include generous vacation, sick time, paid holidays, and remote work schedule for eligible positions.