IT Support Specialist
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The IT Support Specialist will build and maintain users’ trust in the IT Maintenance and Support Group as a skilled expert, troubleshooting, and addressing issues. This role will rely on problem-solving and people skills to assure Pac-12 users have swift resolutions to their technical problems. This position will keep their technical know-how up to date. Relying on customer service talent and empathetic nature, this role will provide technical support every day.
Specifically, this position will provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to Pac-12 users. This role will quickly diagnose issues on the spot, explaining situations with confidence, patience and empathy. Getting users up and running again, as quickly as possible is a priority. Committed service is provided with style, speed, and skill. Building the trust of Pac-12 users and coworkers alike will be done by offering guidance, knowledge, and even tips and training.
Work hours may include nights, weekends, and holidays. This position reports to the IT Manager.
• Technical Support – Provide IT support for both Mac and Windows platforms. Perform installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical support and repair of desktops/laptops, IT and AV systems across multiple functional areas. Act as a first point of contact for all employees regarding IT issues.
• Maintenance – Participate and contribute to a preventive maintenance program and schedule in order to provide an efficient and reliable IT infrastructure.
• Day-to-day – Daily tasks will include: Google Workspace administration and integration, enterprise Mac support, enterprise deploy solutions such as JAMF, maintain WDS Image Library, General hardware and software support; Desktop security and antivirus and patch management; LAN support, Active Directory support; Mobile device integration and support; VPN account set-up, Employee onboarding and off boarding; maintain and audit software license and hardware inventories; and VoIP system administration.
• Staff set-up - Set up, change and tear-down of equipment for end-user use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, KVM, operating systems, and appropriate software. Document all changes.
• Customer-focused Approach - Provide a customer care philosophy that emphasizes customer satisfaction.
• Documentation – Be a documentation hero; create, maintain, and update IT SOPs as needed
• Emergency – Availability to participate, respond to and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and communication skills
• Strong MacOS and Windows 7/10 knowledge, including some AD administration
• Technical training in Computer Networking and Network Security
• Previous VOIP configuration/administration (Cisco Communications Manager preferred)
• Previous experience with cloud-based services (OneLogin, Google Workspace, AWS, etc.)
• An aptitude for acquiring skills in technical repairs and an eagerness to learn.
• Excellent time management skills and can make decisions quickly.
• Minimum of one to three years of prior work experience in a helpdesk or customer-facing role.
• Minimum of Associate Degree or Technical Certificate in electronics, computer or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Flexible work schedule, including the availability to participate, respond to, and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs.
• Knowledge and experience in both IP technology and principles and broadcast technologies design and support.
• Experience with JIRA (Confluence, Software, Service Management)
• Experience with Virtualization, A/V technologies, MDM Solutions (i.e. PDQ, Jamf)
• Scripting knowledge (BASH, Python, Powershell, Applescript, etc.)
• Familiarity with digital media industry (Dalet, Adobe Creative Suite, Broadcast Technology, etc.)
• Any certification such as ACSP, AMCT, CompTIA A , HDI-SCA, CCNA, CBNE, and/or CCENT is a big plus.