Director, Digital & Social Media
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
In support of the Pac-12 Conference's 12 universities and nearly 7,000 student-athletes, the Director of Digital & Social Media is responsible for overseeing all aspects of digital content, production, planning, distribution, and execution across the Pac-12's and Pac-12 Networks' social media platforms, website, and app. This position will play a key role in quarterbacking day-to-day digital & social media functions, executing and growing the league's and network's sponsorship revenue from digital & social media, and ultimately growing the league's brand and following across digital & social media platforms.
The Pac-12 office is based in San Francisco but this position is open to fully remote employees in the states of California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah.
• Manage and direct team creating and executing content for Pac-12 and Pac-12 Networks owned and operated social and digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Pac-12.com, the Pac-12 Now app, etc.) and syndication partners.
• Oversee content production and execution across Pac-12 social and digital platforms with a focus on 1) promoting Pac-12 universities and student-athletes, 2) support planning and execution of sponsorship obligations across social and digital, and 3) growing the league and network's brand and following across platforms.
• Develop and implement standards for social and digital presence across platforms (digital video production, social media execution, and website editorial).
• Support overall digital strategy execution, working closely with Sr. Director on big-picture narratives and global initiatives.
• Oversee product testing and third-party vendor relationships for social and digital operations.
• Work cross-functionally across Pac-12 Networks digital products and engineering teams as well as studio and live-event production, programming, and on-air talent.
• Support Pac-12 athletics department social and digital staffs, fostering relationships and communicating regular updates with key stakeholders as it relates to digital operations.
• Foster relationships with platform partners (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.) to ensure best practices among the Pac-12 and Pac-12 universities.
• Assist with graphic and video content production needs on a regular basis as needed.
• Contribute to the training of production staff accordingly.
• Work cross-functionally to lead and support company initiatives including marketing, sales, and Pac-12 initiatives (i.e., major tentpole events, season-long campaigns, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned.
• 10 plus years of overall digital and social media content development and execution in a sports and/or entertainment media company
• Proven track record with development and execution of sponsorship campaigns across digital and social media platforms
• Experience in digital marketing, social media, or related fields
• Experience with editorial oversight, with strong journalistic knowledge and skills
• Ample experience in video production for ''mobile-first'' formats. Live video streaming production experience is a plus
• Proficient with Adobe creative suite applications (i.e, Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Proven track record in short-form content development, innovation, and audience growth
• Significant experience, connections, and credibility in the sports media community
• Commitment to year-round sports schedule, including travel, working evenings, weekends, and non-traditional hours as needed
• Strong knowledge of collegiate sports
• Leader accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments
with little instruction or oversight
• Expert on emerging trends within the content development and programming industry
• Eloquent communicator (both written and oral) comfortable in front of anyone from a
hard-nosed engineer to a high-level university executive
• Experience with graphic design creation, motion graphics, and/or animation is a plus