Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2021 12:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Broadcast Engineer jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Broadcast Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Broadcast Engineer? At the Pac-12, we love sports and technology! Join our team as a member of our Broadcast Engineering team. This role supports over 1000 live broadcasts per year. As Broadcast Engineer, you’ll rely on your working technical knowledge, problem-solving, and people skills to provide day-to-day maintenance and support of our production control rooms, studios, and broadcast and transmission infrastructure. Your objectives are to provide excellent service to our production, operations, and engineering teams.
Pac-12 Networks is renowned for pioneering IP-based remote production over our high-capacity network connecting almost 100 venues across all Pac-12 schools to our production studios in downtown San Francisco. Join us in this exciting opportunity to be a part of the future of best-in-class TV broadcasts, TV production, streaming, and AV support at the Conference of Champions.
• Perform broadcast engineering support duties for all live Pac-12 Networks broadcasts as first-line support for Production, Post-Production, Transmission, and Media Management teams.
• Participate in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical support, and repair of broadcast technologies, television production, and IT equipment.
• Provision physical equipment, including case assembly, racking, cabling, electrical, etc.
• Repair of Field production equipment, as necessary.
• Update documentation such as standard operating procedures for the Support Group.
• Availability to participate, respond to, and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs.
• Other duties as assigned by department management
• Limited travel as required.
• Minimum of two years experience in an engineering or broadcast maintenance organization.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in IP technology or principles and broadcast technologies design and support, specifically for At-Home (REMI) production models.
• Experience with the following technologies:
• Hardware and Cloud-based CODECs (Nevion, Evertz, Haivision, AWS/Elemental, etc) using J2K, H.264, HEVC, HLS, RTMP, RTP-FEC, SRT, RIST, ZIXI
• Management and troubleshooting production control room and studio infrastructure: video routing, switchers, audio consoles, intercom, graphics, studio automation, editing stations (Adobe Premier), MAM, etc
• Setup and configuration of file-based workflow systems
• Basic networking skills: router & switch config, traceroute, ping, Nmap, etc.
• Basic Linux and Windows server administration
• Exposure to key AWS services (S3, EC2, Cloudfront, etc)
• Google apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.)
• Project management tools such as Jira
• Good relationship management and negotiation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to be on-call 24-hours to provide support for escalated issues.
• Ability to lift and move Audio/Visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various broadcast and events needs.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, broadcast, or related field preferred.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about Pac-12 Sports. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.