Director, Digital Platforms & Technology
OvationLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Director, Digital Platforms & Technology jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Digital Platforms & Technology postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Digital Platforms & Technology? DIRECTOR, DIGITAL PLATFORMS & TECHNOLOGY
Ovation seeks to fill a critical role in their Digital Department, focused on OTT (over-the-top), TVE (tv everywhere), and linear and VOD (video-on-demand) mobile and set-top applications; as well as core digital technologies and platforms (web, digital and content asset management).
The Director, Digital Platforms & Technology is expected to proficiently estimate project budgets, document and drive project timelines, source and evaluate 3rd-party vendors and resources, and lead in solving technical problems. They are responsible for project planning, vendor evaluation, setting targets and deliverables, and setting overall platform vision for the next 12-24 months. This key position reports to the Vice President, Digital.
CONTEXT WE FEEL IS IMPORTANT TO SHARE AS YOU APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
Ovation is a nationally distributed television network, available on the largest cable systems. Our programming is diverse and caters to an audience that enjoys the arts, bingeable international series, quintessential films and thoughtfully curated documentaries. Ovation is also available through OvationNOW, our Mobile & OTT app; and is streamable live on the web with cable provider credentials.
Since 2017, we have developed and launched two additional brands:
• JOURNY - the award-winning cultural travel AVOD network available on over 275MM devices
• Mystery Alley - a crimes and mysteries AVOD network with the best of UK, AUS/NZ, and Canadian programming
As a company, Ovation has a strong commitment to arts advocacy projects to ensure accessibility of the arts to all.
ABOUT YOU & THIS ROLE:
You'll be ensuring that all of the above is running smoothly on our current distribution platforms and future ones we are looking to launch and onboard. We're also looking for a leader with forward-thinking court vision that is ready to come up with the next big idea and work towards getting us there. This is your chance to introduce exciting projects and see them through. And a must: you have a sense of humor, promote diversity and inclusion, and are eager to join a fun and tight-knit team.
1. Technical Expertise
• Proficient in handling technical development concepts in digital video, video distribution, software tools and technologies, and content / digital asset management (CMS, DAM) design vendors, implementation, and ongoing operation.
• Launched mobile and set-top applications; app store(s) ecosystem submission through certification and acceptance, and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
• Experience in troubleshooting, digital development processes, and ability to understand and implement department and organizational requirements.
• Familiarity and understanding of digital video advertising technology and operations, including video ad server, ad tags, DAI, SSAI, and emerging technologies
• Vision and thought leadership on current and emerging digital video distribution and consumption technologies, strategies, and implementation.
• Proficiency with HTML, CSS, content management systems like Wordpress (PHP), SEO principles & Photoshop.
• Working knowledge of UI/UX design principles.
• Knowledge of software development processes.
• Familiarity or ability to learn MVPD authentication (Adobe Primetime), DRM, and JW Player.
• Ability to perform updates for the website and similar platforms
2. Management Skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal executives and multiple 3rd party clients / vendors.
• Understand project requirements, coordinate with resources and direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner.
• Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution.
• Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end.
- 3+ years hands-on experience launching digital video initiatives, mobile applications, and/or OTT/TVE deployments at a network, studio, video distributor (MVPD / MSO), or mobile firm.
• Total of 7+ years experience in related tech roles.
- Hands-on experience driving digital video-based mobile and set-top apps through app store certification and consumer release (iOS, tvOS, Android, Chrome, Fire, Roku).
- Successful management of multiple 3rd-party developers, video distributors, content and digital asset management vendors, and app stores.
- Bachelors' Degree or higher
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please provide your resume and a cover letter highlighting key digital projects you've worked on and other relevant experience that can apply to this role.
- Ovation is based in Los Angeles, and we would obviously love it if you were an Angeleno too. However, we will consider the right candidate from throughout the Pacific time zone with the expectation that post-Covid 19 there will be travel to Los Angeles at some regularity.