Paid Intern - TV Development
Optomen ProductionsNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
International TV production company Optomen Productions is seeking bright, ambitious interns to join our NYC development team for the Summer 2019 semester.
Optomen Productions produces hundreds of hours of television each year for many of the major cable and broadcast networks including Food Network, Travel Channel, Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet, A&E and HGTV. Our most successful franchises include Worst Cooks in America for Food and Mysteries at the Museum for Travel.
Optomen's development team is responsible for creating the next generation of programming for Optomen Productions, developing fresh, exciting television concepts for a wide variety of networks. Development interns will contribute to and assist the development team with all aspects of the development process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Keeping up with current industry news and gaining a deeper understanding of network brands and programming needs
• Working alongside the team to generate and build upon new ideas and actively contribute to creative brainstorms
• Researching current events and trends and flagging interesting news articles, talent, and ideas that could serve as potential show
• Assisting the team with casting efforts, including research, outreach, and interviews
• Contributing to the writing of treatments and loglines for new show ideas across a wide variety of genres
Requirements of the position are as follows:
• An interest in nonscripted TV development
• A positive attitude and eagerness to learn and contribute to the development process
• Excellent writing and communication skills, and confidence interacting both internally and externally with potential talent
• Strong and thorough research skills, organization and attention to detail
• The ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
All internships are part-time, paid internships. Interns may elect to receive college credit in addition to compensation, in keeping with their school's guidelines for college credit.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online