Intern - Production
One Story Up Productions, LLCAtlanta, GA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
One Story Up, LLC is a minority-owned production company producing a diversity-focused feature-length documentary. We are currently looking for a Production Intern based in Atlanta, GA, who is available for the months of October-December. The feature documentary in production is titled 'Master of Light,' and is a full-length film about an African American Artist, born and raised in Kansas City, MO who now lives in Atlanta, GA.
We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People of color are encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Lunch and/or dinner will be provided.
Additional Information: Founded by Oscar and Emmy Award-winning director Roger Ross Williams and Emmy Award-winning producer Geoff Martz, One Story Up specializes in creating documentary films, television, streaming series and specials, animation and VR. Producer/Founder - Roger Ross Williams is an award-winning director, producer, and writer and the first African American director to win an Academy Award ®.
We are looking for a competent Production Intern to support all aspects of film production. The crew will count on you for various crucial tasks, from organizing sets to distributing mics to all talent.
High energy and commitment are essential. The goal is to ensure production goes smoothly and problem-free. This is a temporary internship suited for a highly organized individual who is passionate about documentary filmmaking.
Note: This position is an unpaid internship.
- Help prepare the set with lights, props, equipment, etc.
- Assist directors, camerapeople and other crew members
- Print and distribute daily paperwork (e.g. scripts, call sheets)
- Escort talent around the filming area and coordinate extras
- Conduct crowd control by putting up signs, directing pedestrians away from filming, lockdown sets, etc.
- Act as a runner distributing messages or items within the film crew and cast
- Undertake errands as assigned
- Proven experience as a Production Assistant or a passion for the industry
- Knowledge of terminology will be appreciated
- Computer savvy
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving
- A team player with great communication skills
- Physical strength and stamina
- A valid state-issued driver's license
- High school diploma; Relevant training (e.g. production courses) will be an advantage
- Students currently enrolled in a college/university are encouraged to apply for college credit
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online