One Community, LLC.Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
One Community is a film and television co-financing company that harnesses the power of storytelling to inspire and encourage positive change in the world. One Community invests in projects with the power to change hearts and minds on critical issues of equity and equality, and designs robust social impact campaigns to amplify and align the work of philanthropy and policy experts and convert audience empathy into action.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of this position will be to manage the Content Department at One Community. The primary role of this position is to oversee and work closely with content executives and the content team to carefully decide on material to develop, co-finance or develop, while considering the creation of a deep and meaningful impact campaign that runs alongside of the greenlit project.
• Co-supervise Creative Executives and Coordinators for the department.
• Find and identify projects for the company to finance and/or develop.
• Support senior executives in managing 1C's slate of content.
• Read incoming material and delegate script coverage that assists the team in deciding which projects to pursue.
• Oversee the timely response on incoming material to sustain strong relationships with agencies, managers, and content creators.
• Evaluate material, think critically about the marketplace and advocate internally for content that will bring strong impact and success to One Community.
• Develop relationships with established and emerging talent with whom the company might partner.
• Nurture strong bonds with producers and agents to encourage early submission of the best material.
• Work closely with writers, producers, directors, studios and third-party production entities that One Community partners with.
• Provide development notes that will help shape and guide pitches and scripts to becoming sellable in the marketplace.
• Provide support to senior executives on projects prepping, in production, and post.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of lists, including internal tracking and development lists, available talent, new talent, and competitive information.
• Work with executives to create and develop new ideas: cover film, publishing, news, the internet, and other media to generate ideas for content and contribute on an on-going basis to the development process.
• Oversee development and maintenance of databases, including managing submissions and tracking.
• Communicate regularly with Business Affairs partners to facilitate and expedite negotiations for projects and talent.
• Work in partnership with other departments within 1C, including Impact and Operations, to further the company's goals- including but not limited to managing content databases and contributing creatively to final Content Investment Committee packages.
• Interface with high profile clients, Board Members, and Investors with professionalism and poise.
• Significant entertainment industry experience, including Creative Executive and Coordinator experience for a minimum of three full-time years within production company and entertainment agency.
• Have experience in both film and television development including sole interaction and communication with creative talents.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field.
• Enthusiastic about using film/tv/media to drive conversation, action, and impact.
• Approach work with sense of joy and laughter.
• Capable of handling sensitive information discreetly and maintaining confidentiality.
• Tech and social media savvy.
• Extremely organized and process oriented.
• Excellent communication skills, and able to tailor communications to a wide variety of audiences.
• Strong project management skills; able to juggle multiple projects, timelines, and reporting requirements simultaneously.
• Awareness of cultural trends and current events preferred.
• Passionate about social justice and human and civil rights preferred.
• Able to prioritize the workload, multi-task, and use time efficiently.
• Intermediate to expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Able to design and edit graphic presentations and materials within PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Photoshop.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Position will be temporarily working remotely for an undetermined amount of time, and will transition to an office setting within Metro Los Angeles when safety allows. • Position is full-time exempt. • Compensation: $100,000 annually • Position reports to the Head of Content. • Benefits Include: o Company sponsored Healthcare, Dental and Vision plans o Company 401K plan offered o Generous holiday schedule and vacation benefits
One Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. One Community does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online