Settlement Accountant - Artist Services
On Location Events, LLCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Settlement Accountant is primarily responsible for assisting with all aspects of GAAP accounting and settlement reporting for the artist services business. This role reports to the Senior Settlement Accountant and assists in preparing and providing month-end and event-related reports. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, passion for accuracy, advanced excel skills, a desire to learn and an ability to identify anomalies in the reporting. This person must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment, adapt on the fly, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
• Work with event producers to determine tour revenue and cost recognition and deferrals for month-end close
• Assist with preparing and posting journal entries related to cash, revenue, COGS, accounts receivable, etc.
• Prepare artist settlements for event closeouts
• Perform GL account reconciliations as requested
• Assist with quarterly/year-end financial statement audit requests
• Assist with monthly state sales tax filings
• Respond to various ad-hoc requests
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum 1-3 years of progressive accounting experience
• Accounting degree required, CPA or CPA candidate a plus
• Strong analytical and accounting skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
• Experience with accounting ERP system such as NetSuite preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to learn and digest new things quickly
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
Reporting Relationships and Working Conditions (legal)
Reports to the Senior Settlement Accountant - Artist Services for daily work and general office issues. Work will take place primarily from home in the short-term. Typical 40 hour work week, with some additional hours and weekends required during peak times.
On Location is a leader in premium experiential hospitality business, establishing a new industry standard to serve iconic rights holders with extensive experience in ticketing, curated hospitality, live event production and travel management in the worlds of sports and entertainment. On Location is a partner to over 150 rights holders including the NFL, NCAA, the PGA of America and the United States Tennis Association, and provides unrivaled official access for both corporate clients and fans looking for immersive experiences at marquee events including the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, NFL Draft, NCAA Final Four, PGA of America events, numerous College Football Bowl Games including the Rose Bowl Game and the Tennis Majors. On Location through CID Entertainment & Future Beat also partner with numerous artists and music festivals across genres, including Imagine Dragons, Metallica, Luke Bryan's Crash My Playa, Electric Daisy Carnival, Migos, Post Malone, Iron Maiden, and J.Cole.
On Location's operations include: Anthony Travel, CID Entertainment, Future Beat, Kreate Inc, PrimeSport and Steve Furgal's International Tennis Tours.
On Location is part of the Endeavor network.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online