Director of Facilities and Operations
Omaha Performing Arts SocietyOmaha, NE
Full Time Job
Responsible and accountable for the smooth, efficient and cost-effective operation and management of the Holland Performing Arts Center and the historic Orpheum Theater. Must have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and be able to implement the organization's Core Values of Team, Trust and Integrity, while providing excellent internal and external customer service.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as liaison for OPA operations with project managers, architects, engineers, vendors, major tenants and arts organizations
• Cultivates and maintains productive relationships with constituent arts organizations, outside vendors and internal teams
• Evaluate, identify and implement improved protocols, processes and workflows to optimize team efficacy and growth toward department strategic goals
• Responsible for the daily operations of the Holland Performing Arts Center and the Orpheum Theater and future expansion including maintenance, security, housekeeping and production departments.
• Ensures the facilities adhere to OPA and industry standards as far as venue appearance and providing a positive patron experience.
• Ensures the facility and operation teams are ready to support ancillary income activities for the hall, including rentals, tours and special events
• Supervises third-party vendors and contractors including the security and custodial vendors
• Maintain oversight of all activities and initiatives across departments
• Maintain a high degree of discretion, prioritization and project management skills
• Independently track the progression of all aspects of designated projects
• Exhibit the ability to influence and reach amicable, successful solutions
• Collaborate with internal directors and department heads to develop more effective communication processes
• Anticipate challenges and mitigate risk associated with fluid day-to-day operations
• Coordinates the supervision of all maintenance and custodial personnel to ensure the facilities are always clean and in excellent working order.
• Defines priorities for capital and equipment investment for Holland Performing Arts Center and the Orpheum Theater. Develops capital budgets. Manages purchases and inventory.
• Works with the finance department to develop and manage the operating budgets for the facilities, custodial and security departments.
• Develop and implement programs to train all employees, constituents and union stagehands on Fire/Life Safety, Emergency and OPA guidelines.
• Lead Union negations and ensure equitable agreement that conforms to OPA and industry standards
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
• Seven (7) to ten (10) years' experience working in a performing arts organization.
• Three (3) years' experience working with union employees, union contracts and negations.
• Successful experience working in a senior management capacity with a performing arts facility or other entertainment industry.
• Experience working in production and operations with a professional performing arts organization; such as an orchestra or theater or live music venue.
• Knowledgeable about building systems, infrastructure and operations and/or facility management experience.
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills.
• Energy and flexibility required to function effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Proven effectiveness in working with a wide variety of constituents.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
• Specialized knowledge of performing arts operations and facility management.
• Backstage, including production and operations.
• Maintenance, including engineering and custodial.
• No physical exertion required.
• Required to sit for long periods of time.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online