Videographer / Editor
Oklahoma City ThunderOklahoma City, OK
This was removed by the employer on 1/30/2023 3:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Videographer / Editor jobs in Oklahoma City-OK
Search all Videographer / Editor postings
Full Time Job
Do you have a love for telling the stories in sports by shooting, crafting, and editing videos that engage audiences across various media platforms? We want you to join us! ThunderVision, the Oklahoma City Thunder's in-house video & animation design department, is committed to delivering a high-quality product to our fans as we tell the story of our brand. By joining us as Videographer / Editor, you are a part of a team of creative professionals, collaborating to build a polished product. You will be responsible for shoots and edits for a wide variety of assigned events including, but not limited to, partner events, community events, and in-arena game footage. The ideal candidate will be both video journalist and video graphic designer, with the communication and writing skills needed to combine elements to tell a story.
In this role you will:
• Produce, shoot & edit video features for in-arena & digital platforms.
• Shoot and Edit a wide variety of stories & activations.
• Shoot home-game responsibilities, shoot/edit entertainer features, routines & skits, pre-game features, etc.
• Assist in planning, creating, implementing and executing video/production elements used during all home games.
• Collaborate with other departments and corporate entities to help create cross-functional video production opportunities supporting community impact storytelling.
• Stay current on video technologies and industry trends. Make recommendations to continually innovate and improve operations and enhance the video experience for fans and guests.
• Assist with gathering, production, loading of visual assets on game days.
• Create static graphics and animations used in various features for all digital platforms.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent work or military experience
• Minimum 2 years' experience shooting/editing, live, live-to-tape, or taped programming
• Resume Reel of previous work experience required
• Strong non-linear editing skills, Avid and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Possess solid writing skills. Evidence of creativity and innovation in developing project and story ideas.
• Extensive knowledge of video production process, including lighting and camera technique
• Experience shooting with DSLR and/or mirrorless cameras & photo lenses
• Understanding of video encoding, codecs and formatting projects for appropriate channels.
• Comprehensive knowledge of NBA Basketball
• Ability to successfully plan and field-produce shoots
• Excellent oral communication skills and proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Work quickly and accurately under pressure, understanding the impact of timing on the needs of others
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. Work schedule will include office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays. Driver's license and insurance required along with reliable transportation, with some local travel required. Physical requirements of the job may include lifting 50 pounds, working outdoor events in adverse weather conditions, or working games in an environment with high noise levels. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Video Production Manager.
We offer a positive office environment and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, employee ticket options, family gym membership subsidy, parental leave, team shop discount, and much more!
At the Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and we know that teams with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills make a stronger company. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs and provide equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We also consider applicants regardless of past legal system involvement, considering the needs of the role, nature of and recency of legal history. We are committed to a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees through our culture of RAVE – Respect and Value Everyone.