Social Media Coordinator
Oklahoma City ThunderOklahoma City, OK
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2022 4:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Social Media Coordinator jobs in Oklahoma City-OK
Search all Social Media Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Are you a creative and focused social media expert? The Oklahoma City Thunder is seeking an outstanding team member to help us expand our social media reach. Bring your talent to our team to help us build on a strong social media foundation with creativity and energy.
Since 2009, the Thunder has built a social media following of more than 17 million worldwide. We are consistently in the upper echelon in the NBA in followers and engagement and our diverse fan base is both dedicated and passionate.
We are looking for an outgoing, collaborative professional to help the Thunder grow into our next phase of creativity, engagement and connection. As part of the team, you will help bring media strategies to life throughout all areas of the business! You will attend Thunder home games, away games (as needed) and community events and support content creation, scheduling, reporting, and analysis. Your skills in collaboration and listening will be critical as you team up across departments to help others achieve goals using the power of social media.
In this role you will:
• Support the success and growth of Thunder social media across various platforms including accounts associated with the Thunder's mascot, dance team and G League team
• Monitor activity across all social platforms
• Compile and coordinate analytics and create regular reports to keep the organization and partners informed of our impact and insights
• Assist the department with communications and collaboration on campaigns and deliverables
• Stay up to speed on media trends, current news and popular culture
• Assist in the creation of content for our social audience using graphics and video editing tools, including new mobile specific software or apps that are geared towards specific mobile platforms
• Build a strong familiarity with and understanding of Thunder culture, Oklahoma City and act both a brand ambassador and strategy specialist for entertainment groups such as the Thunder Girls, Rumble, Thunder Drummers, etc.
• Identify new opportunities to demonstrate the value of the Thunder brand to build effective, measurable outreach programs when it comes to social media, particularly with global audiences and co-branded or sponsored content
• Assist with paid advertising campaigns and the organization of related elements
What you bring to the role:
• A real passion for social media and broad knowledge of platforms, trends, tools vital to support a successful corporate social media strategy
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work or military experience plus a minimum of 1 year of professional experience in digital marketing or social media
• NBA or professional sports experience is beneficial but not a requirement
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish or Mandarin is a plus
• Photography and social publishing experience is a plus
• Detailed and able to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines
• Self-motivated and detailed, whether working independently or collaboratively to meet organizational goals
• Adaptable, with the ability to change and balance demands and use problem-solving skills in a dynamic work environment
• Strong written and verbal communication with solid editing skills
• Good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficient working with all social platforms including analytics and monitoring and highly proficient in computer applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop and other video editing and graphics tools
• A digital portfolio with writing and/or photography samples will be required upon job submission
Driver's license and sound driving record are required as some travel may be required, occasionally including overnight trips. Work schedule will include office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays for game nights and events. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Manager, Social Media.
We offer a positive office environment and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, employee ticket options, family gym membership subsidy, parental leave, team shop discount, and much more!
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.