Oddbot Animation StudiosGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Oddbot Inc. is seeking an Episodic Director for an animated CG Preschool Series for a major network.
At OddBot, we believe in collaboration and its impact on creativity. We are storytellers, world builders and a team of creative innovators. We are a collection of creative voices that bring our experiences together to craft original stories, breathe life into unique characters, and provide laughter, heart, inspiration and emotional connection to a vast audience through the wonderful medium of animation.
• Effectively manage a team of Storyboard Artists in the creation of each animatic, while successfully communicating story needs, both verbally and visually
• Interpret the script visually through organizing and breaking it down into particular scenes and planning out shots and specific actions within determined locations and settings
• Review scripts prior to storyboard commencement and advise on any storyboarding roadblocks
• Allocate script segments and prep storyboard artists with handout materials to commence boarding which would include but no limited to providing direction/notes, troubleshooting, and generating thumbs/boards as needed
• In collaboration with Editorial, craft and build the episode using a strong sense of timing and knowledge of film
• Creatively contribute in delivering clarity, action, comedy, and storytelling appeal to a young audience
• Collaborate with executives and creative teams to produce storyboards, animatics and note scenes in layout and animation
• Ensure that each of the assigned episodes are completed on time and successfully meet the quality standards of the Supervising Director
• The ideal candidate is expected to balance managing all the various aspects of production, while successfully maintaining the highest quality of technical and creative storytelling
• Must be a team player with demonstrated, visual, story-teller sensibilities
• Prior experience in storyboarding/directing on a CG animated series
• Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff, and management
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines
• Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
• Experience using Photoshop and Storyboard Pro
This position is also able to be performed remotely, if needed.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online