Oddbot Animation StudiosGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Oddbot Inc.is seeking an Episodic Director for an animated CG children's show to start December 2019. Candidates must have extensive experience directing on CG script driven series formats, managing and guiding storyboard artists, storyboard revisionists and animatic builds with an editor on several overlapping episodes. In addition, the director will need to collaborate with the Executive Producer and Supervising Director to execute the creative vision through story and pacing. They will collaborate with production management to ensure completion of storyboard and animatic deliverables on key deadlines. The director will need to be skilled in recognizing and monitoring the complexity do abilities, challenges and limitations set forth by the CG production model to ensure episodes are producible within the pre-production and CG production schedule.
• Review scripts prior to storyboard commencement and advise on any storyboarding roadblocks
• Allocate script segments and prep storyboard artists with handout materials to commence boarding which would include but no limited to providing direction/notes, troubleshooting, and generating thumbs/boards as needed
• Creatively contribute in delivering clarity, action, comedy, and storytelling appeal to a young audience
• Create producible, creative and original posing, staging and cutting through knowledge of CG animation principles
• Collaborate with executives and creative teams to produce storyboards, animatics and note scenes in layout and animation
• Work closely with Animatic Editors to direct timing, pacing, and punch-up
• Provide clear episodic direction and notes to the animation studio prior to commencing layout and animation
• Prior experience in storyboarding/directing on a CG animated series
• Ability to prioritize
• Great time management and multi-tasking stills
• Experience using Photoshop and Storyboard Pro
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online