Sport Performance Coach
Oakland AthleticsMesa, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 7:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Sport Performance Coach jobs in Mesa-AZ
Search all Sport Performance Coach postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sport Performance Coach? POSITION OVERVIEW
The Oakland Athletics are one of the most successful franchises in Major League Baseball. Since our founding in 1901, the Athletics franchise has been relentlessly innovative. Often ahead of our time, we have never been afraid to embrace new ideas, traditions, and technology. Employees of the Oakland Athletics have the freedom and opportunity to maximize their unique talents to drive success for the franchise and, more importantly, for Athletics' fans across the globe.
The Sports Performance Coach assists the Minor League Sport Performance Coordinator in developing and implementing performance programs for the organization's minor league players. Also, helps coordinate with the Minor League Medical Coordinator and team trainers on individual rehab programs concerning strength and conditioning for injured players. Helps plan, write, and monitor off-season strength training and conditioning programs for all minor league players. Assists in supervising minor league strength and conditioning interns in various minor league cities. Other similar duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Bring a consistent work ethic and daily attitude that allows for a constant and stable coach to be viewed from all athletes and staff members.
• Overseeing the daily administration and management of the strength and conditioning program for the Arizona League team and improve the performance abilities of our players through safe and proper weight training and conditioning routines while instructing and supervising them in injury preventive methods during their workouts.
• Lead team daily prep and stretch routines.
• Supervise/instruct players in the weight room and during conditioning, and schedule lifts when appropriate.
• Assist and cooperate with the Athletic Trainer, with the completion of daily/weekly/monthly reports, and other duties as assigned.
• Communicate at a high level with all other staff members; while also reporting/learning from all coordinators involved.
• Assisting monitoring off season and spring training strength and conditioning.
• Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
• Strength and conditioning certification (CSCS) and CPR certified required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish (both oral and written) strongly preferred.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the capability to interact with players, coaches, staff.
• Ability to adjust coaching style to match the learning style of individual players and motivate them to achieve their highest potential.
• Ability to successfully articulate the goals of the strengths & conditioning program.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.