Special Events Coordinator
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are seeking to immediately hire a Full-Time hourly Special Events Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of Special Events. The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of Oakland A's special events and hospitality, with focus (but not limited to) External Affairs and New Ballpark events. Special Events are defined as events held outside the ballpark but may include select game day events. The Special Event Coordinator will also work on various event-related projects as assigned.
* Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Special Events Department
* Stay up to date and maintain knowledge of local events and government affairs
* Collaborate and work cross-functionally with various departments within the organization with focus on External Affairs and New Ballpark events
* Research, create, archive, and maintain event-related databases
* Data Entry and detailed logging of meeting notes and events
* Create and edit event information/communication briefings for internal teams and external parties
* Oversee and coordinate all aspects of event planning, event management, and event execution including site visits, setup, strike, load-in, load-out, creating event layout, and etc.
* Ensure all projects are on strategy, brand, and budget
* Provide event support and event resource for internal departments
* Coordinate event logistics with government officials, venues, vendors, internal teams, external partners, and stakeholders
* Assist with part-time staff scheduling, develop on-site staffing plans for events, and supervise part-time staff during events
* Act as liaison for Special Event Department in meetings and at events
* Represent organization positively with high level of professionalism and customer service at all events
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sports, event planning, and/or public affairs preferred
* Immediate availability and ability to work flexible full-time hours, which may include weekends, holidays, evenings, and after business hours
* Experience working with local government entities and officials, community groups, caterers, venues, and/or vendors
* Must be organized, detail orientated, possess strong communication skills, and have excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to travel for site visits, off-site events, and/or meetings when required
* Ability to work under pressure while managing priorities and working on multiple projects/tasks
* Ability to creatively problem-solve and work under short deadlines
* Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
* Deliver and Thrive in face-paced/rapidly changing environment
* Proficient in various software and applications including but not limited to:
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
* Adobe (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop)
* Google System (sheets, docs, forms, map, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?