Real Estate Analyst
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Real Estate Analyst responsible for supporting the development team in all aspects of the development efforts at Howard Terminal and Oakland Coliseum, but not limited to: financial analysis & modeling, project budgeting, deal memo preparation, equity and debt underwriting, due diligence, market research, as well as forecasting and benchmarking of potential & existing development projects. The ideal candidate will be someone that understands the larger scope of commercial real estate acquisitions & development and haves the analytical skills to accurately underwrite real estate investments. Large scale master development experience desirable.
• Create, prepare & manage analysis and modeling of master development project and vertical development investments including sensitivity analysis and scenario planning. Prepare and manage detailed pro forma projections & cash flows throughout the real estate cycle.
• Analyze cost ramifications, economic results and/or other aspects of planned or potential real estate projects. Analyze project feasibility & profitability
• Perform physical & financial feasibility studies for potential residential, commercial and mixed-use development projects
• Provide due diligence & underwriting of prospective acquisitions & developments
• Monitor overall market & industry trends by keeping updated logs, maps and presentation materials.
• Work with team to distill financial underwriting, market research & business plan into presentation materials for internal/external use.
• Work with senior management in a variety of additional capacities to support key organization initiatives.
• Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience (ie real estate, corporate finance, management consulting, private equity
• Strong quantitative, analytical and financial modeling experience (e.g. calculating ROI, NOI, amortization, capitalization rates, equity & debt financing, acquisitions of new properties and refinance of existing properties)
• Experience and understanding of real estate development
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in underwriting financial feasibility of projects
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Real Estate
The Oakland Athletics are one of the most successful franchises in Major League Baseball. Since our founding in 1901, the Athletics franchise has been relentlessly innovative. Often ahead of our time, we have never been afraid to embrace new ideas, traditions, and technology. Employees of the Oakland Athletics have the opportunity to maximize their unique talents to drive success for the franchise and for Athletics' fans across the globe.