People Operations Business Partner
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
People Operations Business Partner - Stadium Operations
Department: People Operations
Reports to: Director of People Operations & Talent
Job Classification: Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Oakland A's are currently seeking a People Operations Business Partner to support our Stadium Operations department. As a member of the Stadium Operations team, the People Operations Business Partner will have responsibility for performance management, recruiting, employee development, and training.
Provide strong and effective HR expertise and support across the Stadium Operations department, partnering with managers to develop their skills and capabilities to implement people programs and initiatives.
• Provides day-to-day performance management and employee relations guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions), advises and assists managers in identifying issues and determining appropriate course of action.
• Interprets and applies company policies and practices as well as federal, state, and local employment laws and collective bargaining agreements.
• Provides information sharing to management staff on HR issues to enhance managerial effectiveness and minimize risk.
• Works with managers to develop and execute recruitment plans, provide advice on the posting, interviewing and selection processes.
• Provides advice and support for employee selection, on-boarding, including guidance on offer letters, accommodations and job transfers.
• Responsible for the I9 process and the processing and review of background checks. Act as point of contact for pre-adverse and adverse actions under the advisement of Director of People Operations.
• Responsible for ensuring authorizations to work are valid and that work permits are maintained and current for minors.
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of innovation, inclusion in company culture.
• Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and conduct checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
• Support safety initiatives and administer the workers comp process and ensure proper follow up and that appropriate paperwork is sent to the Sr. Medical Coordinator. Coordinate any necessary work-related accommodations or work restrictions with management team. Assist with injury reports. Report safety concerns to Director of People Operations.
• Support management team with conducting employee related investigations and report escalated issues to Director of People Operations.
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time. Responsible for the accurate data entry into the HRIS, background check and other related systems.
• Assist People Operations and Stadium Operations managers with various related duties and projects.
• Bachelors degree in business management, human resources or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources with a strong focus in employee relations.
• Competence in various Human Resources functional areas: onboarding/off boarding, employee relations, recruiting, training, and compensation.
• Experience with workers compensation and/or safety highly preferred.
• Must have the ability to work the Athletics home games which includes weekends, nights and extended hours.
• Requires the ability to walk, stand and navigate the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
• Experience in sports, hospitality or retail is helpful but not required.
• Knowledge of applicable California laws and regulations related to Human Resources Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner Demonstrates a high level of judgment and discretion Must possess a high sense of urgency, and initiative.
• Must act in a professional and courteous manner, and demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
• Great attention to detail Ability to work independently, prioritizing and organizing workload to meet deadlines
• Strong ability to multi-task and work well in an environment subject to changing priorities and demands
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a positive attitude Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint