Intern - Stadium Operations
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Stadium Operations
Department: Stadium Operations
Reports to: Stadium Operations Coordinator
Job Classification: Part-Time Hourly/Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
This position will report directly to the Stadium Operations Coordinator. The Stadium Operations Intern is responsible for assisting the Stadium Operations department in all facets of: security, facility operations, systems, stadium signage, wardrobe operations and overall event management at the Ring Central Coliseum.
• Support with inventory control and distribution of Athletics owned equipment used by the game day staff
• Assist with event logistical set-up (gate set-up, promotional giveaway set-up, fireworks set-up, auxiliary space coordination etc.)
• Assist in field, back-of-house and gate security operations, red team assessments and prohibited item documentation
• Support with the distribution, management and collection of staff wardrobe
• Assist with the logistics of game-day staff training
• Support with the inventory and deployment of stadium specific signage
• Produce an internship project (to be determined jointly by intern and advisers)
• Participate in the department job shadowing program
• General clerical office duties, filing, data entry, etc.
• Explore ways to improve customer service and the stadium experience
• Develop full knowledge of the Oakland Athletics ticket and stadium policies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Candidate must be currently enrolled in college or have graduated within the past 12 months
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented individual with excellent written and verbal skills
• Self-starter and multi-tasker with ability to prioritize and be efficient with many projects
• Demonstrated computer proficiency in G Suite by Google
• Working knowledge of ABI MasterMind software preferred
• Lifting objects weighing up to 40lbs. may be required
• Must be able to work approximately 25 hours per week for 4 months
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.