HR Business Partner
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland A's are currently seeking a HR Business Partner to support our Front Office. As a member of the People Operations team, the HR Business Partner will have responsibility for driving initiatives related to performance management, inclusion, employee development, recruiting, and training.
• Provide strong and effective HR expertise and support across the front office, partnering with managers to develop their skills and capabilities to implement people programs and initiatives.
• Provides day-to-day performance management and employee relations guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions), advises and assists managers in identifying issues and determining appropriate course of action.
• Interprets and applies company policies and practices as well as federal, state, and local employment laws.
• Provides training to management staff on HR issues to enhance managerial effectiveness and minimize risk.
• Works with managers to develop and execute recruitment plans, provide advice on the posting, interviewing and selection processes.
• Provides advice and support for employee on-boarding, including guidance on offer letters, I9 processes, background checks and orientation.
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of innovation, inclusion in company culture.
• Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
• Bachelors degree in business management, human resources or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources with a strong focus in employee relations.
• Competence in various Human Resources functional areas: onboarding/off boarding, employee relations, recruiting, training, and compensation.
• Experience in sports, hospitality or retail is helpful but not required.
• Knowledge of applicable California laws and regulations related to Human Resources
• Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner
• Demonstrates a high level of judgment and discretion
• Must possess a high sense of urgency, and initiative.
• Must act in a professional and courteous manner, and demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, prioritizing and organizing workload to meet deadlines
• Strong ability to multi-task and work well in an environment subject to changing priorities and demands
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a positive attitude
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint