Hall Of Fame Racing Mascot
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
Hall of Fame Racing Mascot
Department: Ballpark Events
Reports to: Ballpark Events Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt , Part-time Seasonal for the 2020 Season
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking part-time, seasonal employees to perform as the Hall of Fame Racing Mascots during the 2020 season. The mascots will run in the Hall of Fame Mascot Race during the game, interact and take photos with fans, and be a part of the in-game entertainment. They must always display an enthusiastic, professional, and friendly attitude to A's fans at games and outside appearances. Hall of Fame Racing Mascots must be available throughout the entire baseball season.
• Represent the organization in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner.
• Provide entertainment to fans during Hall of Fame Race and other game day features.
• Maintain all costumes and game day equipment, keeping it organized, in good condition, and properly stored after each game.
• Assist with Ballpark Events Department, Promotions team, Mascot, A's Kids Club and other game day promotions as needed.
• Act as mascot escort when not in costume to assist performers and facilitate fan interaction.
• Make outside appearances as requested throughout the season.
• Other duties as assigned by the Oakland A's.
• Prior experience in promotions, performing in costume and customer service preferred.
• Must be comfortable performing and interacting with fans in front of large crowds and on camera.
• Must be reliable, have good listening skills and ability to multi-task.
• Must have high energy, enthusiasm and excitement to promote the A's brand.
• Must have strong ability to work well with all employees in a team environment.
• Must be in good cardio & physical condition, with the ability to run a minimum of 300 yards in a 50 pound costume. Running skills will be tested.
• Must have ability to perform and entertain while wearing a 50 pound costume for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50lbs.
• Must be available to work during all Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday A's home games (days, nights, weekends and holidays) and outside appearances as needed.
• Must have the ability to work in and around the Oakland area.
• Applicants must be 18 years or older.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Due to the overwhelming number of submissions, we are not able to respond to each applicant. We keep resumes on file for 6 months and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview.