Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are looking for a Graphic Designer! This role will be responsible for supporting and helping shape the development of concepts, designs and production of a variety of projects alongside other members of the Creative Team as well as the greater Marketing department. This designer will work closely with and produce graphics for other internal departments, including Digital, Ticket Sales, Partnership Marketing, Business Development, Community Engagement and Stadium Operations. Each candidate must provide a design portfolio for review. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
This position will report to the Creative Director.
* Conceptualize and produce creative across multiple media and messaging platforms- i.e. online, in-stadium, social media, outdoor, print, broadcast and more.
* Understand brand and campaign guidelines and the importance of utilizing them correctly.
* Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external decision makers and influencers.
* Ensure all artwork produced meets the needs, requirements and brand standards of the organization and each client.
* Ability to traffic work throughout organization and manage projects throughout the design process.
* Ability to work/communicate with outside vendors on collateral production.
* Support other graphic design projects as requested.
* Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback on all internal/external design projects.
* Strategically push boundaries with creative process and execution
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or Art
* 2 years professional design experience
* Strong online portfolio
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and knowledge of the print production process
* Animation/Motion Graphics knowledge a plus
* Understanding of the visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a strong attention to detail
* Experience in file setup for print production and outgoing graphics for optimal resolution
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team in a multimedia driven creative environment
* Strong time management and multitasking skills
* This position requires work that is original and creative in character
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?