Director Of IT
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2020 5:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director Of IT jobs in Oakland-CA
Search all Director Of IT postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of IT? The Director of IT's primary responsibility is to oversee the IT team and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization and overall vision for the IT operation. This individual's principal goals are to develop and manage application and systems portfolios for each department and develops policies to attain all IT service level agreements across the organization.
The role will plan, coordinate, direct, and design operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business systems. The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in various departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Strategy & Planning
• Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
• Participate in IT department operational planning, including business alignment, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
• Liaison with and manage vendor relationships ensuring vendors are meeting project objectives and defined SLAs.
• Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business requirements, processes, and strategic vision.
• Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to key stakeholders.
• Develop and review budgets and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
• Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements while being responsible for the high IT Services uptime and availability
• Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
• Develop IT requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate recommendations for implementation.
• Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Advise on best practices in technology support and administration with focus on optimization of the operation
• Possess and apply knowledge of information and data security requirements and implementation of systems and processes to secure company networks and data and oversee cybersecurity operation and audit access rights for all IT resources
• Ensure Service Desk SLAs and Customer Service standards are defined, communicated and met with focus on continuous improvement over time
• Management and mentoring of IT staff to achieve company and departmental goals
Knowledge & Experience
• College degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 10 years related work experience.
• Min 5 years' experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
• Working knowledge of ITIL / ITSM fundamentals, certification preferred
• Understanding of VoIP and cloud-based phone systems as well as Mobile Device Management (MDM), with a preference to Workspace ONE.
• Understanding of Cloud based computing with a preference to GCP
• Understanding of networking and Palo Alto Firewalls
• Proven experience in IT strategic planning and development, project management, IT budgeting and policy development.
• Practical working and technical knowledge of current network, Apple and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Experience and strong practical working knowledge of GSuite and Microsoft suite of products;
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
• Strong technical and Project Management skills and leadership
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to define and document IT requirements based on Business objectives and projects.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues, products and services.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment and manage multiple streams of projects and deliverables with a need for adjustments and rapid iteration. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.