Back-Up Mascot Performer
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/20/2020 5:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Casting Notices - Acting Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Back-Up Mascot Performer jobs in Oakland-CA
Search all Back-Up Mascot Performer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Back-Up Mascot Performer? Part-Time Back-Up Mascot Performer
Department: Ballpark Events
Reports to: Ballpark Events Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-time
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a part-time Back-Up Mascot Performer. This position reports directly to the Ballpark Events Coordinator and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• When main performer is not available, perform as Stomper at off-site community appearances such as private parties, parades, festivals, grand openings, school visits, hospital visits, and other events coordinated by the Oakland Athletics on specified days during the week and on weekends throughout the year.
• Provide creative assistance to Ballpark Events Coordinator in the areas of presentation, skits, and appearances.
• Maintain condition of official costumes and props
• Protect and maintain the identity and image of Stomper
• Represent the Oakland Athletics and Stomper brand appropriately at games and outside events.
• Must have the ability to be trained, coached and critiques to perform as Stomper
• Be creative and be able to use as well as understand non-verbal acting and communication
• Possess basic knowledge of the game of baseball and the A's organization history
• Be in physical state that allows you to perform under extreme conditions
• Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and/or holidays
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds with ease
• Must have reliable transportation as well as a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
• Previous college, semi-pro or professional mascot experience is required
• Due to costume restrictions, candidate must be at least 5 feet 9 inches and no more than 6 feet 2 inches and weigh between 140 lbs. and 225 lbs.
• Punctuality is mandatory.
Due to the overwhelming number of submissions, we may not be able to respond to each applicant. We keep resumes on file for 6 months and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview with you. No phone calls please.
. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.