Assistant - Youth Baseball & Softball Programs
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking an Assistant of Youth Baseball & Softball Programs. This position will help execute the club's youth baseball and softball programming, campaigns and initiatives that are strategically aligned to the Oakland A's mission and business objectives. This position will also serve as an internal and external representative of the club's community work.
* Assist in the distribution of jerseys and hats to local youth baseball and softball teams and assist with related youth baseball and softball programming, including but not limited to: Little League Opening Day festivities, parades, takeover days and clinics
* Execute and oversee the Take the Field program
* Oversee the Play Ball program, including but not limited to: serving as day-of-event contact, executing events and managing part-time event staff
* Assist with Fun at Bat and related baseball PE programming in local schools
* Help execute A's youth and coach clinics
* Assist in the planning and execution of A's Fantasy Camp
* Help produce ROI reports for all youth sports programs
* Assist with A's Community Engagement and Oakland A's Community Fund events as needed
* Bachelor's degree with one to two years sports management or related experience
* Strong baseball/softball experience
* Experience participating in youth sports programming and working with children
* Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
* Detail-oriented and organized
* Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities
* Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment, as well as to work autonomously
* Ability to work flexible hour including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?