Affiliate Clubhouse Manager
Oakland AthleticsBeloit, WI
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Full-Time/Seasonal Home Clubhouse Manager in Beloit. This position will report directly to the Minor League Equipment Coordinator and will run an affiliate clubhouse facility in one of our full-season affiliates in Midland, Stockton, or Beloit.
* Oversee the Oakland Athletics' nutrition program, which includes providing healthy food options for athletes and staff both after BP and post-game. This includes managing a budget and overseeing all logistics of feeding a group of 35 people over a five-month season.
* Manage a staff of 3-5 people, including clubhouse assistants, bat boys, and bullpen catchers.
* Oversee logistics relating to a 35-person traveling party to and from road cities. This includes facilitating equipment transfers to buses and/or airports, setting up arrival and departure dates/times with hotels and bus companies, and setting up locker rooms at home and on the road.
* Oversee in-market equipment needs and facilitate repairs throughout the season
* Maintain a clean and organized clubhouse
* Maintain accurate inventory of bats, baseballs, apparel, and other baseball equipment, including weekly reports that are sent to the A's minor league equipment coordinator in Arizona.
* Provide an accurate and detailed end-of-season equipment inventory to the Minor League Equipment Coordinator
* Provide daily laundry service for all players and coaches.
* Collaborate with on-field staff regarding various needs during the course of a game
* Other duties as assigned
* Available to start March 1, 2019
* Lift 50 lbs.
* Must have valid driver's license
* Work significant hours per week, including weekends
* Prior clubhouse work recommended but not required
* Ability to work with front office staff
* Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
* Ability to travel with the team on all in-season road trips
* Ability to work with large diverse groups of people
* Available to work Spring Training in Mesa, AZ during the month of March.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?