Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking an Accounting Manager. This person will report directly to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Manage team of 3 in day-to-day accounting operations including AR, AP, and General Ledger.
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close process including detailed review of journal entries, bank and account reconciliations
• Prepare financial schedules and consolidated statements: balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows.
• Coordinate year-end audit and review audit schedules.
• Manage bank accounts and treasury service activities
• Prepare and analyze reports to/from Major League Baseball.
• Analyze accounting process and controls to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to procedural standards.
• Review and reconcile payroll and related journal entries.
• Oversee fixed and intangible assets ledgers and prepare year-end analysis and property tax reports.
• Bachelor's Degree, Accounting Emphasis preferred.
• 4 years of Accounting experience.
• Experience in Accounting Software: Oracle, QuickBooks, and Concur preferred.
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated, with strong work ethic.
• Effective time management skills.