Account Executive, Business Development
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
Account Executive, Business Development (New Business)
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking an Account Executive, Business Development to join our
ticket sales department. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to sell an array of Oakland
Athletics ticket sales products with a strong emphasis on premium seating and season ticket
Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of successful sales experience, have a passion for selling creative
business solutions, and hold a strong desire to grow their career with the Oakland A's. This position will
also participate in special projects to support organization goals and offers the opportunity to be part of
an exciting & supportive environment. Strong performance in this role will open potential growth
opportunities on the Oakland A's new ballpark sales team.
Include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting or exceeding sales goals with integrity while surpassing client expectations in customer
• Selling season ticket and premium seating memberships, luxury suites, and group hospitality via
outbound phone calls, face-to-face appointments, game day marketing, off-site networking
events, incoming inquiries, etc.
• Ensuring repeat business by providing superior customer service to clients, including game day
• Performing game day duties including visiting clients, staffing the sales table, and assisting with
various department and company events.
• Engaging in civic activities, attending community events, and representing the A's at off-site
events to prospect for new business.
• Compliance with CRM, including maintaining an accurate dashboard and pipeline; working
within the system on all campaigns and initiatives; and properly documenting activities, touch
points, rewards/gifts, etc.
• Meeting or exceeding key performance indicators as determined by the Oakland A's.
• Other duties as assigned by the managerial staff.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 2-3 years prior sports/sales experience preferred.
• Have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
• Be self-directed and able to work independently and with integrity.
• Able to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, holidays, game days, and off-site
• Candidate must possess a positive team-first attitude, the competitive desire to succeed, and
the desire to learn.
• Candidate must possess excellent personal and professional communication skills.
• Candidate must possess strong time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Salesforce, G Suite and related software skills
1. Do you have prior sports ticket sales experience?
2. What excites you about this position?
3. What are your top 2 qualities that will help you be successful in this position?