50 / 50 Raffle Team Member
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
50/50 Raffle Team Member
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Community Engagement Manager and Raffle Leads
Job Classification: Non-exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during Athletics home games this season. Here is your opportunity to gain experience in the industry, earn fun incentives, all while helping your community!
The Raffle tickets will be sold from the time gates open (2 hours before first pitch) until the middle of the 6th inning. Arrival time will be about 2 ½ hours before first pitch (i.e. for a 7:05 p.m. game the shift begins at 4:30 pm and ends after the 8th inning).
• Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle
• Educate fans on the details of the 50/50 Program and answer questions about the work of the A's Community Fund across the East Bay
• Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device and/or PC
• Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
• Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
• Serve as an A's Community Fund Brand Ambassador in-stadium with the goal of enhancing guest experience
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
• Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
• Basic understanding of the timing, etiquette and pace of baseball
• Comfortable using technology
• Ability to be goal oriented, work well independently and self-motivate
• Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
• Must be able to walk long distances, climb up/down stadium seating and stand for long periods of time
• Comfortable working non-traditional hours, primarily evenings, weekends and holidays according to the Athletics home schedule
• Must be 18 years of age or older by first day of employment
• Available to work a minimum of 75% of the games from March through September, with the potential for post season games
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work a minimum of 75% of A's home games from March through September, with the potential for post season games? (Y/N)