Seasonal Assistant, Business Communications
Oakland A'sOakland, CA
Full Time Job
Title: Seasonal Assistant, Business Communications
Reporting to: Director, Communications
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Type: Seasonal (March – October 2023)
Salary Range: $15.97/hr
Location: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a seasonal assistant, business communications. The position will assist the Director, Communications with the execution of organizational communications efforts to advance the Oakland A's brand.
• Assist in writing, proofreading, and distributing communications materials, including press releases, media advisories, talking points, and team emails
• Identify media opportunities, including pitching story ideas and placing positive coverage, for A's events throughout the season
• Submit A's content, information on upcoming events, and photos to local, national, and editorial publications
• Compile media monitoring reports
• Post content to the A's PR Twitter account
• Create and maintain media lists for local and national media
• Assist with game duties as needed
• Other communications duties as assigned
• Previous communications or public relations internship experience strongly preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, and communications skills
• Professional writing samples required
• Knowledge of AP Style and experience proofreading
• Knowledge of baseball preferred
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are in our organizational DNA. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – on and off the field. Together, we continue to build an inclusive, innovative, and dynamic culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates belonging and amplifies diverse voices. Combining a collaborative and innovative work environment with talented and diverse team members, we've created a workforce in which every team member has the tools to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
COVID 19 Consideration
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.