Junior Video Editor
NYU Langone HealthNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center. Ranked as the #1 Hospital in New York and the #3 Hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, NYU Langone's culture is rooted in excellence in patient care, education, and research. NYU Langone comprises more than 300 locations throughout the New York area, including six inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
With the increase demand for video content across social media platforms as well as the buildout of video content on our own properties, we have need of a junior video editor to assist the senior video editor. In this role, you will work on a range of video projects for clients across the organization; including marketing videos, social media content, surgical, training videos, corporate lectures and events, and more. You will help manage and organize assets, pull selects and participate in the ongoing delivery of visual assets to NYU Langone Health's premier digital properties.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
To protect the safety of our patients, staff, and the community at large effective August 16, 2021 NYU Langone Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all faculty, staff, voluntary attending physicians, Howard Hughes Medical Institute employees, non-compensated faculty, students, clinical or academic observers, and volunteers, unless granted an approved exemption (in New York State, only medical exemptions shall be considered).
• Organize media from a variety of shoots.
• Suggest selects and prep video projects for the senior editor
• Assist in the delivery final products to their respective distribution platforms
Team and Client Engagement
• Anticipates the needs of the Senior Editor and seek opportunities to enhance workflows
• Adheres to departmental guidelines, seeks information, asks for assistance and advises manager on situations requiring escalation
• An eagerness to learn from the Senior Editor and build your skills as a video editor
• Bachelor's degree and 1+ years of experience as an editor
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and familiarity with the other Creative Cloud products
• Strong knowledge of After Effects
• Knowledge of video codecs, frame rates, trans-coding and basic technical specifications for video
• A genuine interest in storytelling related to health, science and research
• Experience with media asset management systems (such as Brightcove and MerlinOne) and post-production workflows for web/social
• Professional appearance; upbeat and positive attitude
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
• Ability to manage a large content library and to recall details about multiple projects at once
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively
• Eager and able to understand the structure of a large organization
• Ability and eagerness to meet deadlines while remaining collected at stressful times
• Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot within a team of creative personalities
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday 9am-5pm (incl. lunch break). Rate is $30/hour.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online