NTT, inc.Santa Ana, CA
Part Time Job
Overview of the Company:
Since 1995, NTT has provided end-to-end broadcast and webcast solutions for governments of all sizes. Our government broadcasts reach 35% of residents in the State of California. By providing cities, counties, and regional state agencies with managed broadcast services, our government clients increase efficiencies, reduce cost, and are free to do what they do best; govern.
NTT is expanding our video/audio engineering capabilities in Santa Ana, CA.
We have part-time openings (26 broadcast days per year with a day rate of $320-480, commensurate with experience) available for broadcast control room engineers. We are looking for a qualified broadcast engineer who can repair, install, and implement broadcast television and webcast equipment and provide general audio and visual support for government meetings. It is highly desirable if the engineer has directing/technical directing experience.
This part-time Broadcast Control Room Engineer will provide mission-critical technical support for each broadcast government meeting. The candidate will provide leadership for upgrades, expansions, system administration, maintenance, and failure recovery for the production processes.
• Has experience with and understanding of web streaming and encoding systems.
• Experience with remote camera controls, on-screen graphics systems (such as Chyron and other systems), and professional video switchers.
• Has robust knowledge and understanding of streaming video codecs (WMV, H.264, etc.)
• Very desirable: experience with and knowledge of the QSYS environment.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting broadcast/webcast systems.
• Must have strong technical skills and be self-motivated/resourceful to continually grow core competency.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, and Server Operating Systems.
• Must have excellent written documentation and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective results with staff and technology providers.
• Ability to work quickly and effectively under the pressure of a live broadcast.
• Extensive experience with PTZ cameras.
• To maintain a television/webcast control room successfully.
• Proficient at communicating problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will help develop new processes, technologies, and techniques that will improve the running of the facility.
• Work with external providers to resolve technical and workflow issues with provided equipment and systems.
• Development and implementation of a routine preventative maintenance program, including software and hardware updates as needed.
• Design and implement equipment upgrades as needed.
• Provide directing support during long days of production.
Nice to have, but not a deal-breaker:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or related Tech field.
• Knowledge of industry standards such as Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE).
• Experience technical directing live broadcasts.
• You care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success.
• You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done.
• You have an entrepreneur's spirit and enjoy problem-solving.
• You LOVE getting stuff done, not just talking about it!
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Day rate of $320-480, commensurate with experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online