Winter / Spring Intern - Social Media Communications /
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th-April 19th
Do you have Tweetdeck open all day long? Are you interested in showcasing company culture through Instagram? Do you design Snapchat geofilters on your spare time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this role might be for you.
Join NPR’s Marketing, Branding and Communications division as the Corporate Social Media Intern. This position will support the Social Media Communications Manager in planning and executing content for the NPR Extra suite of corporate public relations social media channels.
The ideal candidate has their pulse on social media and understands how to implement best practices to generate buzz and serve as a cheerleader for NPR and public radio.
• Support the management of the NPR Extra suite of social media channels including content and analytics for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Help lead amplifying and curating of content from active social media communities of NPR listeners and fans
• Research, plan and implement social media outreach campaigns around NPR content including but not limited to podcast launches, investigative series and multiplatform reporting packages
• Maintain weekly and monthly scorecards reporting on the progress, milestones and growth of NPR Extra social media channels
• Candidates must be pursuing a BS or BA degree in marketing, communications/public relations, journalism or other related field of study
• Demonstrated experience leveraging social channels in support of public relations or audience engagement goals
• Strong familiarity and experience with social media channels and applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tweetdeck, Buffer, etc)
• Demonstrated writing experience for blogs and websites