Winter / Spring Intern - Digital Medias Software Developer /
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NPR’s paid Software Developer internship is an initiative within NPR's Digital Media division offering participants:
• On-the-job-training to get familiar with the best practices of modern coding processes and standards
• Mentoring from NPR's Digital Media technology team
• Agile Methodology (Scrum) experience.
• Unique insights into NPR’s products, technologies and software systems.
• Valuable experience with award-winning and highly popular digital products that can help participants stand out for future full-time employment
Each day you will work with a cross-functional team of brilliant professionals combining business, design/user experience and engineering expertise, working relentlessly to push the boundaries of what’s possible, paving the road for the future of news and entertainment media.
With the mentorship of NPR’s technology team, the Software Developer intern will:
• Become a valued part of a project team that develops features for NPR.org
• Provide critical support for NPR’s external users
• Familiarize self with NPR's technology stack and earn highly-marketable development experience
• Apply strong analytical and problem solving skills to help ensure high quality of NPR digital products
• Make your mark by developing new product features for a visible and well-known brand
Our best internship candidates are passionate about digital product development, eager to discover creative solutions to technical challenges, and curious about the world in general. You should be good at managing your time and deadlines, communicating in all ways digital and non, and working accurately – both on your own and with others on our team.
Additionally, we are looking for:
• An undergraduate student pursuing a Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Engineering, Mathematics, or similar major
• Extensive programming experience and understanding of software design principles
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.