Winter / Spring Intern - Corporate Sponsorship Marketing /
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th-April 19th
As the corporate sponsorship sales team for NPR and regional offerings on public media stations, National Public Media (NPM) works with brands and advertising agencies to generate financial support for the public broadcasting system, develop innovative sponsorship opportunities and deliver strong results for sponsors. NPM’s Marketing team provides strategy and support to the sponsorship sales teams, manages strategic communications, and brings visibility to public media sponsorship opportunities in a dynamic and demanding media environment.
The Marketing intern(s) will support the team across external marketing efforts, operations and events, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. This is a full-time, 40-hour internship in the Washington, DC office. Cover letter and resume required.
Essential Duties Include:
• Support development of responses to client requests for proposals (RFPs) and marketing materials
• Support event activations including sponsored events, industry events and client entertainment
• Collect and analyze audience and industry research
• Support content development, design and analytics for NationalPublicMedia.com
• Contribute to corporate communications initiatives including the bi-weekly NPM staff newsletter
• Assist in development of content marketing materials including emails, blog posts and targeted outreach to event prospects and sponsors
• Support promotion of sponsorship opportunities for product and program launches, such as new NPR Podcasts
• Conduct competitive research
• Support Marketing team in administrative duties as assigned
In this fast-paced media environment, we value agility, assertiveness, and analytical and creative-thinking skills. The ideal candidate has an aptitude for learning and a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment. Specific qualifications outlined below:
• Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail in all projects and assignments
• Experience with event production and/or event marketing is a plus
• Ability to efficiently think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
• Professional interest in the advertising and marketing industry
• Experience working with Salesforce/Pardot, Wordpress, HTML, SEO, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite and research databases like GfK MRI and comScore is a plus
• Experience developing experiential activations that engage attendees and amplify brand messaging and awareness
• Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs – we love fans!