Winter / Spring Intern - All Things Considered /
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th – April 19th
All Things Considered is NPR’s flagship afternoon news program. We bring listeners the latest national and international news, distinctive reporting, in-depth interviews, timely commentaries, quirky stories and a broad range of arts, music and entertainment features.
Interns are actively involved in the production of the daily program. They pitch stories, conduct research, pre-interview guests, and book studios at NPR and remote locations. They work alongside program staff and assist with the live program.
We’re looking for interns who are highly motivated, passionate about news, excited to share their ideas, and ready to work independently and as part of a team. Does this sound like you? Please apply!
Cover letter and resume required.
• Conducts research for daily stories and long-term projects
• Books guests and arranges studios for news and feature interviews
• Logs recordings of interviews and events
• Obtains archival tape and assists with basic audio
• Attends daily editorial meeting and pitches story ideas
• Performs routine administrative tasks, such as sorting mail
• Demonstrated interest in news and current affairs
• Deep curiosity, initiative, tenacity and attention to detail
• Excellent research and analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately under deadline pressure
• Newsroom experience
• Digital media skills, including proficiency in social media
• Knowledge of NPR programming
Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.