Web Designer, Consumer Products
Full Time Job
Web Designer, NPR Consumer Products (temporary)
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
Come join NPR’s Consumer Product team. This six month assignment will redesign npr.org’s consumer site to upgrade to new and more exciting features including: a new homepage, product list, and increase mobile responsiveness.
In order to be considered for this role please submit your resume, cover letter, personal website and/or creative portfolio
• Improve reporting ability to Shopify
• Review and improve invoice and shipping processing via the updated webpage
• Identify traffic sources and evaluate data
• Increase mobile responsiveness across the entire site
• 1-3 years experience with Shopify
• At least 2 years experience building, testing and designing websites and mobile friendly web pages
• Comfortable showcasing work during the process and building phase, not just the finished product
• SKU creation and distribution
• GMC experience a plus
• SEO experience a plus
• Experience managing and integrating APIs a plus
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.